4/23/10

sister kathleen's 40th


So my big sister (my 2nd mama) turned 40 last week & we had a surprise brunch for her over here. Above is the invite (she would kill if she knew this pic was shown here, she was dressed for an 80's party BTW). But it'll be another 6 mths before she visits the site, so we're good.





I dream about the cupcakes that Kristen at Crumb makes. Delicious and beautiful.



Banner I put together with scrapbook paper, glitter, etc.

Little favors I made-little laminated watercolored tags with her fun friends' names.


Kathleen, me & mama.

About Kathleen, okay-so she had kids before me and passed down all her parenting/pregnancy books. She saved all her hand-me-downs for me & my little sister's kids. (That takes up alot of attic space). She offers to keep my kids when she knows hubby and I haven't a night out in awhile (and she has 3 of her own!). She helped plan my wedding when mom was out of commission, while she was expecting #2. She wore my belted bridesmaid dress with no complaints while she was 6 mths prego. She is the planner of the family, doesn't drink iced tea & loves Prince (and had me singing Little Red Corvette at the age of 10). She's a sucker for organize-it books, but is a complete wannabe. She takes care of me, thinks of the things that sneak up on me. She's so good to me.

No comments: