1/4/11

jen's bday partay

okay, she said no facebook postings, but didn't mention MY BLOG! she'll never know. don't tell her.
my friend jennifer was being a little dramatic about her age & her bday this year, so she needed a little gathering. A party is the perfect way to start off the new year. And it was a surprise, EVEN BETTER.

yes, that's another caramel cake. i get stuck on things sometimes. i fancied it up with dum-dum pops on top & then white fondant "J" & scallop detail at the bottom, I watercolored the fondant pink & added pink sprinkles (and just peeled it off prior to cutting before it was consumed!!!). I rolled out the fondant & cut it with an xacto. Made the little skinny pennants in background with scrapbook paper. And more of the paper flowers. Greenery from my yard.

 Made wine charms out of Ruthie's christmas dollar tree rings. They are split in the center, so they fit around the stem of the glass.
 The "Jen" sign with another holiday gift: alphabet cards from anthropologie.
 And I made sugar cookies with icing, the first time I've done this. Like this recipe for my icing.
about the wig....Jennifer made the comment once that she if she could, would really love to rock an afro. It makes me laugh where our conversations go sometime-you know how girls skip around. I had to tuck this info away & make her dream a reality.

 
and of course we needed a pinata. don't you always want a turn to hit the pinata at kid parties? it was freezing outside & we were giggling the whole time.

2 comments:

By God's Design said...

I made that same sugar cookie icing for Christmas cookies this year. It is the bomb!

Cute party!

Ashley C. said...

Sarah, this was so fun! Only you can throw such a great party on a whim. Loved the decor & food was great. Definitely getting that caramel cake for my next soiree!