7/5/11

freedom

Freedom. I am certainly thankful for the selfless soldiers who have fought for our freedom. And during Sunday's sermon, this IMPORTANT type of freedom was coupled with another thought: in Christ we are free...free from the social norms & worries of this world, which in my case are: insecurities, being envious of beautiful homes in very sociable neighborhoods, wondering if our school selection is right, hoping my kids will love Jesus (OK, this one is legit), worrying that everyone else has lots of wonderfully close couple friends & are involved in all sorts of fun activities with them. Geez. I am a silly girl & I pray everyday God will take distractions from me & so that I will focus on being free in HIM. Free me up to serve Him, and to make use of my life & my time here.

No comments: