2/14/13

Lent

I grew up Presbyterian & am now Methodist. So the emphasis on Lent is fairly new (10 years new). I always thought of it as giving up chocolate, Doritos, diet coke, etc. But our pastor has encouraged us to add something to our days before Easter which would bring us closer to God. Ideally something that would turn into a habit. Example: prayer each day, reading through the gospels in 40 days, etc. Here are more ideas here. This approach to Lent encouraged to me to start reading scripture regularly a couple of years ago, so I am thankful for this. Get you a reading plan on GLO & introduce reading scripture into your day if it is not already a part. And sister, this post is a challenge to me as it is to you. Work in progress over here & some days there is no progress. Love ya & use this Lent season for God's good.

No comments: