12/15/09

Christmas happenings

Henry getting handsy with the manger scene. Baby Jesus goes MIA about once a day.



This is what I made of my shells from the beach. I glittered them and tied them on pretty ribbon with a cluster of ornaments. I think I was just trying to hold on the beach for a bit longer.

Take kids in christmas pj's in front of the Christmas tree-check.

Above is a picture of my dear high school friend Melanie & of the beautiful church in Gulfport where she is the new rector. This church was rebuilt after Katrina and they did a fabulous job-wonderful architecture. This was such a special night for me. Getting to see her being installed at St. Peters by the Sea. She is such a wise person-has always been this way, even when we were all stupid in jr. high. A great listener. I pray for her all the time-the huge job she has, balancing motherhood with serving her church. Her blog is great-she's a wonderful writer.
http://lemburgordinarytime.blogspot.com/
Our day of snow!!!!!
Our beautiful Japanese Magnolia that stays this brilliant red for about 1 week.

Have a wonderful Christmas. I love this verse and it sums up how we are to treasure Christmas in your own quiet way. Think of Mary, admiring her new child & just soaking the whole experience in.....

But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart. Luke 2:19

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great idea to spray paint your sea shells. Your house decorations need to make their way to my house--since I'm 2 blocks from the Gulf. I might have to try me some glitter tonight.

Thanks for the inspiration :)
EJ Williams

Sarah Largen said...

Glad you like EJ! It was a fun project. I used clear glitter & just painted the glue on with a paintbrush before I sprinkled the glitter.