12/22/09

love came down on christmas


I'm thinking about my dear friend Emily tonight, she and her husband Danny are getting to know their new baby girl in China right now. God is so amazing how he brings families together. I'm smiling thinking back to when were both single girls in 2001, about how she said she wanted to adopt a baby girl from China. We worked together briefly before she went to the Peace Corps & then when she returned to the US we taught english as a 2nd language together at a local church and have so many wonderful memories with our international friends.

Both of the blogs she keeps up have amazing stories-the bumpy arrival of her baby boy & the miracle of his life and health & then now her journey to Lia Kate. Emily has always been brave-will try any kind of food, loves adventure, & always up for any type of travel. I'll never forget one time we were riding horses and the 2 horses we were on, totally took off & were racing us through the woods. The whole experience was traumatizing to me (I thought I was going to be impaled by a tree limb) & when I looked over at Emily-she was just laughing and loving it. That totally sums up Emily. I'm so happy she & Danny have Lia Kate, please pray for this transition for baby girl and the new dynamics of their family.

No comments: