7/8/10

henry's partay



Above is the invite I did for the shindig. Henry's party was all about "summer"-watermelon, 4th of July, popsicles, sprinklers....I had SO much fun planning for this. I tried to keep my spending in check so I borrowed sprinkler & water toys from friends & sisters. And raided my mom's house for all things red & blue. I researched some water themed games & had tons of water balloons ready to toss.

Have to say I was so excited how the cake turned out. I can totally say this because I had help: the ladies at Kroger. My friend Sarah B. gave me this idea. They iced the cake for me-the top red and sides green. Then I added the green sour tape candy to the sides & then the black jelly bellies to the side. And added red sprinkles on top. Pretty easy....


Aunt Meg hooking Ruthie up....

Mae & Ruthie in their matching suits!!!
Had heavy duty water guns for the shoot the pin game...This one didn't go over because I didn't really put water in the water guns though.....details, details.

Below, they threw water balloons in the different buckets.


Mama said it was like Ruthie thought it was her party. She had a big time. I think Henry did too, but don't think he realized the party was for him. He opened a gift at the start of the party & would have been happy playing with it the entire time.



Below are little paper flowers I started making when I wanted some more decor at no cost. Just layers of cut paper & I put a cut up/scrunched cocktail napkin in the center.




Below: Bubble station....
Of course this "water art" game was my fave. Just got some water bottles & filled them with tempera paint & water. I had drawn out some b/w designs for the kids to spray with color.



These were Henry's party favors. Can't really tell, but they are popsicles molds I found at Michael's for $1 & paired it with a pinwheel that were at dollar tree.



Henry & his bud Steven...

2 comments:

Anna Newman said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this party!!!!!! Vesper's is tomorrow and just hoping for sunshine, because all of our stuff is outdoor water stuff too. That cake is cuter than cute

heather short said...

this is so cute Sarah!!!! you are always so creative!!!! I just love everything!!!